>>>You are now being redirected to our new website, BrightBlackHeaven.com<<<

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Stiff Kittens Music Video

As Laurel brought up before, Blaqk Audio did premier the Stiff Kittens video as a backdrop during a few of their concerts on their debut tour. As many of you were interested, and haven't known or seen these snippets of the video before, I dug up some old Youtube videos to show you guys. They seemed to of only played clips of the video, otherwise the screen went blank or just displayed a solid color at times.

Some background info on the video if you don't know:
The video was filmed by Marc Webb, AFI's longtime videographer who has directed all the videos through The Days of the Phoenix to Love Like Winter. Recently, Marc hit big success with his debut film "500 Days of Summer"; and has always said to be great friends with the band. Because Davey & Jade were on a tight budget, Marc was nice enough to film them a video for free in his basement. Jade said in a blog update on Myspace they made plaster replicas of their faces supposedly to use in the video. Jade later kept giving us false hope by announcing timeframes the video would be released several times, yet we haven't officially seen any segment of it yet. It is thought to of been a label issue with Interscope as to the reason why. On April 30th, 2009, Davey said in an interview with Loveline that the video wasn't released simply due to the fact "it didn't work".

Here are a few videos with the Stiff Kittens video playing in the backdrop:




What we can see: Davey in various night vision shots, rippling water, close up of Davey's face in front of various flashing colors, and that's about it.

We can only hope someday that this video will see the light of day.

If you find any more good Youtube videos showcasing it in the backdrop, please post them here!

22 comments:

Kera said...

WOOT THANK YOU!!!

KxBurgan said...

I FOUND THIS ON YOUTUBE JUST NOW! THEY PUT THE MUSIC VIDEO PARTS UP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVvPRLYws3U

Drew said...

Yeah that was Mike. And he made that today.

Well hello, Mike. If your gonna just rip clips from the videos I posted, you should show yourself in these comments :P

Mike said...

Oh I ripped them but from what I found. I posted the link on DF to the vid that I ripped. I didn't rip them just because you posted them :).But anyways I will make a better one soon from the videos that are on here

Drew said...

sorry, just assuming things. people are like always out to get me these days. yeah, post the better one on here when you are finished, I'll add it to my post.

KxBurgan said...

Yeah the quality that mike posted isn't good Sorry. that being said, Drew can you make a better one?

Drew said...

Ehh Mike's the video expert and I don't have the time/will to do so. I probably can't get it in any better quality.

KxBurgan said...

Oh that sucks. Well Drew this blogspot is starting to get interesting. Can you post this info and links to the vids on the DF I want to see what everyone else thinks of the music video

Drew said...

I already did, check the "Beautiful Thieves Music Video" thread.

KxBurgan said...

No i mean like start a thread.

*Neon nights, electric life* said...

It's "500 Days of Summer" not 100. by Marc Webb. Everyone should go see it too. Excellent film.

I'm fairly sure the music video for Stiff Kittens will be released alongside BBH somehow. Electronic music isn't so much about the music videos anyway, in my personal opionion. Granted VNV and Daft and Apop all have them but I feel like the majority of MTV and VH1 music video culture is reserved for the pop-rock and Hip-Hop genres. Most people who listen to dance/electro/darkwave/ and futurepop aren't in it for the music videos as much as pop fans are...

Just an opinion though.

Drew said...

Oh haha how did I mess that up?

Drew said...

& that is true, but most people view BA as just the electronic version of AFI, and which it is in many ways. What sets BA apart from other electronic groups is what Davey brings, lyrics that could of been written for AFI that provide dark undertones and vivid story. Blaqk Audio songs are very visual, and would go along great with videos. They don't have to be shown on TV or anything, hardly any videos are these days anyway.

Unknown said...

Awesome!
I knew about this already but didn't know the last video.

Drew said...

I've seen more too, just can't find the videos now. Theres this one showing Davey in between these 2 walls, like trying to escape or something.

Mike said...

I really hope this music video comes out.

Drew said...

I don't see it ever being released, realistically

Brittany said...

Maybe I missed this bit of info but does anyone have any idea what the hell a Stiff Kitten is? Or how it relates to the song. Out of all the titles off of CexCells that one confuses me the most.

Courtney said...

Brittany I was thinking about that today and did some research. According to wikipedia, it is a reference to Joy Division who were billed as the Stiff Kittens for their first show (although they changed their name to Warsaw before the start of the show).

Also on wikipedia, I saw that Davey said that the music video would not be released because it "didn't work out" during an interview on an episode of Loveline from earlier this year (April 30).

Drew said...

Oh thanks Courtney I completely forgot about when he said that. I'm editing it into the post.

Courtney said...

No problem, Drew :)

Knight Mare said...

I don't know if this has been said but the profile of Jade's face can also be seen in those video clips, not just Davey's.

Post a Comment